Blackpool Stanley member Peter Guy, whose two boys play for the under 15’s team, has won sixth prize in the annual Rugby League Cares Community Raffle.
Peter wins a technology pack including an Alcatel smart phone and a Samsung Tablet.
Well done to Peter and thank-you to everyone who supported the club this year by both selling and buying raffle tickets.
The club receives 70% of the face value of every ticket sold and this year managed to raise over £350 through the sale of tickets, all of which will be ploughed back in to the development of the club.
Full list of Winners
- 1st prize – a trip for 2 to America + £500 spending money – goes to Damian Newell, who bought his ticket from Brighouse Rangers, our 6th best-selling club.
- 2nd prize – a £500 travel voucher – goes to Maureen Cowie. Her grandson was the top seller for Cramlington Rockets and will be awarded a signed Newcastle Thunder shirt on the pitch at Kingston Park Stadium. Maureen said, “I’m so pleased, he’s done so well!” She hopes to spend the voucher visiting family in Spain.
- 3rd prize – Steve Kirkby has won the ultimate Rugby League season ticket – 2 tickets to the Grand Final, Challenge Cup Final, Magic Weekend and Summer Bash. He bought his ticket from England Lion Hearts.
- 4th prize – Terri Toft won the Yorkshire Sports Bundle – 4 tickets to a Yorkshire Cricket home fixture and 4 tickets to a Leeds Rhinos home game of their choice. Terri, who bought the ticket from our second highest top-seller said, “Absolutely over the moon! We are massive Rhinos fans!”
- 5th prize – Don Wilkinson won a luxury hamper, which he says is “Good news for a change!”
- 6th prize – Pete Guy, from Blackpool Stanley ARLFC has won our technology bundle – an Alcatel smart phone and Samsung tablet
More info on club winners for most tickets sold can be found by following the link http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/community_game_raffle